Its summertime and you obviously must have had plans to have a pool party. However, for the blonde, it’s not great news that they will have to deal with the swimming pool’s water. Why? Because it turns blondes to turn green! Yuck! It’s annoying! However, almost all of the girls with blondes, be it natural blonde or bleached-blond have these problems! The question is why does it happen? Now you may get answers that chlorinated water makes it happen however, that is not true. The iron compounds mix with water and react with your hair to make it go green. Well, if you have this problem, we are here with the solution! Here is the solution for How to Fix Blonde Hair that Turned Green.
How to Fix the Blonde Hair that Turned Green
Use Tomato Ketchup
A simple logic applied here is that you have to even out the green tone. Well, red even outs green and make is it neutral.
- Take a decent amount of ketchup in a bowl. Decide it according to the amount of green hair.
- Then apply it and wrap it up in a foil.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and then wash off with shampoo and conditioner.
Those who’re blessed with a baby but facing issues with baby hair growth, then, you must check our some helpful Baby hair growth tips to make baby’s hair grow faster and thicker.
Baking soda is one of the best and quick fixes that is quite cheap. You definitely have baking soda at your home. So just put it to use here.
- Take a ½ cup of baking soda
- Mix water with it to form a consistent paste.
- Now apply this paste on the greens in your hair.
- Let it sit for a while and them shampoo and condition like always.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Another super ingredient that will say your day by making your hair fabulous is the apple cider vinegar. It is a super solution to many hair problems.
- Take 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- Add 2 cups of water to it and soak your hair in this solution.
- Rinse and wash with normal shampoo and condition.
Bleach Your Hair
If you are a brunet turned blonde, this is one of the best options that you can have! Obviously, to turn your black mane to blonde, you must have bleached it. So go for a touch-up and get the greens bleached with the blonder powder.
Use Hair Color
For the beautiful natural blondes, hair color is also a fix that will work out perfectly. Moreover, it is the natural hue of your hair so there won’t be any issues with the color matching. Go for shades that are near to your actual hair color and get it done to eliminate the greens.
Being acidic in nature, the lemon juice can actually help you get rid of the greens in the blondes of your hair. Moreover, it will make your blondes vibrant!
- Squeeze out fresh lemon juice or out can also use the bottled ones
- Saturate your hair in it for about 5 to 7 minutes and rinse it and if required repeat the process.
- Shampoo and condition as you do usually
Using aspirin for your hair sounds weird, doesn’t it? well, it’s true anyway that aspirin can get rid of your green tone.
- Crush 7-8 tablets of aspirin in a bowl
- Add hot water to it
- Dissolve the aspirin powder and use this water to rinse your hair.
- Let it be for 20 minutes and then shampoo and condition normally.
Cola drink fades the greens that occurred due to the result of the chlorine water mixing with oxidized water.
- Take a large cola and rinse your hair with it
- Wait for some 15-20 minutes and rinse. Then shampoo and condition normally.
As we said earlier, the green in your hair is due to the contact of the oxidized water so here is the catch. Have you ever tried to remove any leftovers of oxidized metal? If yes then you will know that soda will help you with it. just soak your hair in it for about 10 minutes and see the difference.
Purple shampoos are specially designed to make the blonde look vibrant and take off any tangy color. It basically takes colored neutralizes the green or orange coat to make the hair look fresh or natural blonde. All you have to do in this fix is just wash your hair with purple shampoo. A word of caution- do not leave the shampoo on for long or it will turn your hair purple.
So, these are some answers for How to Fix Blonde Hair that Turned Green! We hope they work for you just perfectly and easily as they are mentioned here. Take note that you may need to perform the fixes 3-4 times to get good results depending on the level of green in your hair. Patience is the key and virtue that will help you!